Well Child Visits
Well-child visits are important, key responsibilities of parents in keeping their kids healthy. This is the best time to address conditions that can affect their long term overall health, development and to prevent and detect illnesses and problems before symptoms occur.
As your provider, it allows us to get to know you and your child, track any health or developmental concerns, answer your questions, and give you feedback and advice.
What happens in a well visit?
- Recording your child’s height, weight, and other important information
- Evaluation of your child’s growth and development
- Discussion of safety, nutrition, fitness, behavior, school, peer interaction, day to day family life, etc.
- Addressing attention or learning challenges
- Assessing body mass index for identifying and preventing obesity
- Developmental screenings, if appropriate
- Diseases currently going around that may affect your child
- Age-appropriate screening tests (including hearing, vision, hemoglobin, etc.)
- A complete physical examination
- Age appropriate immunizations
- An opportunity to ask questions
Well-child Visit Schedule
- Newborn ( 2-3 days of age after hospital discharge)
- 2 weeks old
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
- 30 months
- 3 years old
- Annually after age 3 years